We provide Substance Abuse Evaluations to persons applying
to have driving privileges reinstated from past DWI. We also provide
evaluations for the Medical Review Branch of the DMV for drivers in need of an updated
evaluation for continued driving privileges. These result from past voluntary
or involuntary admission to a psychiatric unit. We provide services in the
following counties: Gaston, Lincoln, Cleveland, Mecklenburg, and Cabbarus.
The Substance Abuse Professional's U.S. Department of
Transportation Required Clinical Services and Documentation:
The following steps outline the general process of evaluating an employee's ability to
return to a safety-sensitive position from referral to termination of care.
SAP step-by-step process
- The employee is referred from the employer.
- The SAP conducts the initial evaluation with the employee.
- The SAP completes the initial evaluation report.
- The employee is referred to a service provider wit ha copy of
the assessment/treatment plan.
- The SAP sends the initial evaluation report to the employer.
- The SAP provides case management/consultation while the
employee is in services with the treatment provider.
- The SAP conducts the final evaluation of the employee.
- The SAP sends the follow-up evaluation report (including the
follow-up testing plan) to the employer, reminding the employer that a return-to-duty test
is the initial test required prior to returning the employee to a safety-sensitive